Weekly Highlights: 09/25/2014
Free Webinars for Teachers!
The Library of Congress will offer a series of free, one-hour webinars for K-12 educators for the 2014-15 school year. The webinar series will focus on using the Library’s digitized collections to meet state content and skills standards across the curriculum. The webinars will take place every other Tuesday, at 7:00 ET, and will be available on a first come basis to the first 99 participants except where noted. Topics through the remainder of the year include:
• The Civil Rights Act of 1964 (10/7)
• The Veterans History Project (10/21, special Hangout, at 4:00 ET)
• National History Day and Women's Suffrage (11/4)
• The Inquiry Process and Primary Sources (11/18), and
• Searching LOC.gov (12/9, at 5:00 ET)
Teachers can join these webinars at https://locosi.adobeconnect.com/teacher_webinar/ .
For more information see: http://www.loc.gov/teachers/professionaldevelopment/webinar/webinars-2014.html
or follow the Teaching with the Library of Congress blog at http://blogs.loc.gov/teachers/about/